Monday, February 18, 2008

Late night ramblings

There was a time when I would jump on my blog and merely relate some of the experiences of the day in a couple of paragraphs. I don't know why I sometimes feel now that I have nothing to write about that is interesting. Some of it I guess is just the feeling that I'm in a bit of a rut. Not all of it is bad, but life seems to just be very routine at times; not enough money or time or even energy for that matter to be overly impractical and spontaneous. I sometimes miss the ability to go to Dave and Busters on a whim and blow a ton on money without thought. I miss the freedom to jump in my car and drive for a few hours in the mountains just for the thrill of doing it. I miss many of my friends who would gladly give up a Sunday afternoon to the camaraderie of sitting in a sports bar all day to watch 6 different games all at the same time. Life changes, and that isn't bad, but I guess I'm feeling a little melancholy tonight and wishing to relive some of my past.
I look at my present however and realize that there are some things I wouldn't want to ever change. My prayer time every evening with Becky has a deep and profound meaning in my life. Gathering friends together to watch a meaningless show like American Gladiators is wonderful. Tonight, remembering how therapeutic it is to write my feelings out....I guess the present isn't so bad.

3 comments:

palantyri said...

you're just a slacker

nothing new there

had any good beer lately?

Dave S. said...

As far as American Gladiators goes, am I the only one who would let Crush discipline me on the Joust?

I've been bad.

Chris said...

Bookie, you might have to fight my roomie for the honor. He has even facebook friended her.