Friday, August 04, 2006

No rest for the weary

I'm offically in the homeless stage of my transition to school. I am completely moved out of the duplex I was living in and everything I own in the world (including my computer which is the reason for very little in the way of updates) with the exception of my car is now packed in boxes in the basement of my friends house. I'm trying to figure out exactly what I can take with me to school, what needs to go to my dad's house into storage and what I should just let go of and give to good will.
This last week has been as crazy a week as I've ever had. I went out and played poker at a friends house Saturday night and lost miserably. Sunday I got up and helped with the youth program at the church, which was nice but went waaaay to long. I attribute that to not enough time for preparation, but that's life, and it was important for the youth to have a voice in telling the congregation about the mision trip.
I had to finish up packing and moving everything I own on Sunday night, and about 11:00 I was soo dead that I just decided to quit. I was almost too tired to even drive to my friends house to sleep for the night. I finished up cleaning my house Monday night (I was supposed to turn in the key at noon, but oh well).
Tuesday I found out that one of the friends I played poker with Saturday had a blood vessel burst in his sinuses (he had just had surgery on them a couple weeks before) and was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance. I work with his wife and she called me from the hospital after he came out of 2 1/2 hours of emergency surgery. I went and visited him in the hospital that night before going to coffee with the guys and he was looking pretty good. I found out later that Wednesday he needed two blood transfusions, and that they estimated that he lost about half the blood in his body from his "bloody nose". He's at home now and doing fine, but it sound's like he was lucky everybody found him and reacted so quickly. Continued prayers for his healing I'm sure are appriciated.
I'm going to be helping another friend move this next weekend and I know I'm going to be exhausted when I'm done, but he has helped me out more time then I can count in life, so I'm happy to be doing it. My last day at the paper is coming up pretty quick on the 16th and it will be good to have a few days off before having to pack up yet again and move accross the country one last time.
I am still trying to finish my mission trip report, but as I don't have my computer up and running it may not ever get posted until I'm in Iowa. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks.

3 comments:

PigsDad said...

Hey Chris -- I found your blog from the MVPC youth blog and thought I would say "hi". Sorry I will miss you at your last week at MVPC but I will check in here with your blog to keep in touch.

Good luck with the move and starting school!

Anonymous said...

Good luck in School

The Mama said...

I hear you are leaving tomorrow! Good luck, we will keep up through the blog. Safe travels and have fun!!