Thursday, April 13, 2006

A little bit of vanity

"Give me a head with hair, long beautiful hair."

I'm feeling a little vain today, but I'm enjoying it. As far back as I can remember I've kept my hair pretty short. I have always wanted to look professional, and I didn't want taking care of my hair to be a difficult chore. Call it laziness, call it not being adventurous, or just call it not thinking about it; whatever it was I kept it short. I've noticed a pattern forming in my life lately. Every time my life takes a dramatic shift I try to do something to reinvent myself. When I got divorced I decided that I wanted to change my living space. I started paying attention to shows such at trading spaces, and appreciating art and furniture more (which was easy since I worked in a furniture store). I threw away all of my towels, bed covers, dishes ect... and purchased new ones. I even bought some decorating books. That fad faded a bit, but then I moved back to Colorado. While I was in the process of moving I had my girlfriend at the time go through my entire closet with me. A great deal of my clothing at the time didn’t fit, had holes in it, or was just plain out of style. We threw away over half my wardrobe. We went shopping and bought a lot of new clothes that were in style making me look good, as well as feel good. I'm still not a fashion master, but I do look a lot better these days, and I have kept a pledge I made at the time to always take a friend of the opposite sex clothes shopping with me. In November, when I lost my job and made the choice to go to school, I decided to see what I would look like with longer hair. I figured I wouldn't need to worry about looking so professional while I was in school; so what the heck! Since October I have visited Super Cuts only once for a small trim, and it's amazing the results I have seen. I have received all kinds of compliments from people saying they like me with the longer hair. I now understand why women like to be complimented on their appearance. It feels good, and makes people feel good about themselves. I have enjoyed the attention I’ve received about longer hair, and I'm looking forward to growing it even more. I like the look, and it's something different for me.

1 comment:

palantyri said...

what, no updated picture from your digital camera to show off your flowing locks?