Friday, March 10, 2006

Notes on Life....

I have ABBA on the brain right now. I just purchased two tickets to Momma Mia at the Buell Theater in Denver for March 24th. If you haven't heard of this smash hit, their website proclaims "With more productions playing internationally than any other musical, MAMMA MIA! is the World’s No.1 Show!" The beauty of the show is that the musical numbers are all songs made famous by the Swedish band ABBA. I love their music; it’s fun, energetic and just puts a smile on my face. Now I just need to find a date for that Friday night. Hmmmmm.....

I also got some good news yesterday. I have been accepted into my first seminary program. It's Regent College in Vancouver, British Columbia and it's pretty much been on top of my list. I received terrible grades during my undergrad studies though, so the acceptance is a probationary one. I'm not sure of what ramifications this will have on things such as financial aid, so I still need to wait for the official letter to arrive, but it's a step forward and it feels good to know that at least one school thinks I have what it takes. Now I just need similar news regarding two more institutions.

I did have my phone interview with the University of Dubuque Seminary program Wednesday morning, and I think I did well there as well, but it was interesting to say the least. I scheduled the interview on the same morning I started my new job, and my plan was to go find a coffee shop near work where I could take the phone call at 7:15. Not having worked for so long, I wasn't used to getting up early though, and I accidentally set my alarm on music instead of buzzer. I woke up about 40 minutes late and was forced to do the interview in my car as I was driving to my new job. Oops.

I am enjoying working at the newspaper, but I must admit I'm feeling a little guilty about it. I don't feel that I have been as forthright with the company as I wish I could be. I'm sure that they would not have been as enthusiastic about hiring me if they knew I was planning on quitting and moving out of state in about 5 months. I don't know if there was a right thing to do in this case, and I did what I felt was best, but I still feel bad.

No comments: