Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Vacation

I need a vacation!!!

Ok, so this may seem a pretty trite statement considering I spent most of the last three months sleeping in till about noon, but it's true. I have always loved to travel, but I almost never travel just for the sake of being able to travel. I travel to see relatives. I travel for business. I'm going to soon be traveling for school. I've traveled as I have moved across the country. I have so many friends who have been to foreign countries, not for some particular reason, but because they wanted to go have fun. I have friends who have traveled the country just to get away from their home for a week or so. The last few weeks I have just had this lingering desire to get away for a while and do something crazy. I want to just get in my car and drive somewhere, anywhere, but then responsibility kicks in and bites me in the ass. I think I'm still feeling some bitterness regarding my Las Vegas vacation for my 30th birthday. It was going to be my first REAL vacation since graduating from college. I was not traveling to see anybody or do anything important. I was traveling to drink a little, gamble some, and hang out with friends. It was two days before I left that I was told I may be losing my job. I pretty much spent the whole vacation feeling sick to my stomach and miserable. Things worked out for the best in the end, but darn it, I want my vacation back!


Other then that everything is going pretty good, but boring. I like my new job, but I'm ready to be done with training. I'm starting to get bored on a daily basis already. The singles ministry is meeting tomorrow and I'm not quite sure how many will show, but that should be pretty fun too. Other then that, not too much to report.

2 comments:

palantyri said...

knock it off fool. you don't need a vacation. I've heard that line from you less than 24 hours after you returned from them... buck up camper!

Chris said...

Where's the love?

See Alice, you are one of my friends I'm jealous of, you had the guts to go with very little cash. I was afraid I would run out of money before I found a new job.

Oh, and I won't argue that you need a vacation too. I'm just saying that I also need one.