Saturday, May 13, 2006

The World Begins Again

Life starts to get back to normal today. The funeral service was yesterday afternoon, and it was nicely done. I gave this advice to a friend’s sister a couple of years ago when her father passed away, and it held true when I spoke with Michelle, August’s sister, yesterday. Life will never be the same again, the family is missing a huge part of themselves, but life will get back to normal. It will be a "new normal", but today it starts to get back to normal.

For me, today is back to normal. I slept in till noon today and finally woke up feeling good. I have been running on lack of sleep this last week, and my muscles were aching, and my body was very sore last night. In about 30 minutes I'm meeting a couple of friends to stretch out these muscles and play some tennis. After that, it's to another friend’s house for some braughts on the grill and poker. Tomorrow I need to get caught up on my laundry as you can no longer see the floor of my bedroom beneath all the dirty clothes on the ground. I also need to start figuring out my budget for the rest of the year and into next. In all of the events of the past week, my worries of the week before were completely forgotten, but God didn't forget about me. On Tuesday at work I checked my e-mail and saw my financial aid package came through. I received written confirmation yesterday in the mailbox. It is not quite as much money as I had hoped for, but it is enough that I'm confident I can find a way to make it work. I will need to find a job while I'm in school, but I know I can pull that off.

I downloaded some music last night from one of my favorite bands. I thought these lyrics were appropriate.

So take these words
And sing out loud
Cuz everyone is forgiven now
Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again

From Better Days, by the Goo Goo Dolls.

1 comment: