Friday, December 02, 2005

Saying Goodbye

So today it became real. It is weird to know that I won't be getting up tomorrow, and leaving to go be with the people I have spend the most amount of time with over the past year and a half. That I won't sit down at the same desk I have sat at for sooo many hours. In a few weeks, maybe even sooner, somebody else will be sitting at the same place, somebody else will be talking with the same people, and life will go on.
Saying goodbye is both the greatest thing in the world, and the toughest thing. It is great to have people search you out, and tell you how much they will miss you, and how much they think of you. Let's face it, everybody on earth loves to know that they are loved and appriciated. The hard part though is having people say "Keep in Touch" and knowing that the way things probably will work out is neither side will probably do that. People don't want to admit that good things, and nice friendships do often times come to an end. That's the hard part of life. I guess in the end, a friend of mine said it best when he said, and I paraphrase, "For Everybody who will be saddened to see you go, Somebody else will be blessed to see you coming"... Have I said how tough it will be to not see everybody again tomorrow???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be around. I know where you live. Right next to Donna! Besides I might have questions about California.
Now you know who this is!

melthedce said...

Chris,
Leaving, saying good bye, departing people who want to keep in touch, it is the hardest thing I have ever done and every time I think about it I realize how much i miss that part in my life. My "home" my safe place, my circle.
I moved and it took a while but everything came clear to why things happened the way they did. I will always miss St. Louis, I will always miss home and seeing those people every day but I have a new home and so will you and you will move on and it will be great... Let God do His thing... He is in control.

I left you a message yesterday... I don't know if you got it or not, but I wanted to wish you a happy last day... give me a call or shoot me an email sometime! We'll talk soon.

I am really proud of you for seeing the positive in a situation that most would have just looked at the way negative!