Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Sleep

I seem to have a problem lately with sleep, or more appropriately lack of it. I have always been probably the biggest night owl I know, but lately it seems to be worse. I love to think. I'm always the person who would rather play trivia, or some game that keeps my mind working and on my toes. I don't enjoy games that are all luck, and depend on how well you roll a dice or spin a wheel. The problem is that sometimes I can't seem to turn off my brain. So much is happening in my life, that I just lay in bed staring at the ceiling (and the back of my eyelids) as I think about what going back to school is going to be like, how effective I may be, what happens if I fail/succeed and much more. It doesn't help that I'm now getting out of bed daily at about 10:30 as well. I don't know the solution, but hopefully I find the discipline to get out of bed earlier, and the will to not climb out of bed for a rousing game of hearts or freecell on the computer at 2:00 am when I can't sleep. Tomorrow maybe I'll try my sleeping pills again.

So tomorrow I meet with the session at my church to apply to be an Inquirer. I have no clue of what to expect in the whole process. I have not been as involved at the church as I feel I probably should have. I don't even know who is on the session. Most people know me at the church as somebody who helps out with the youth, and is normally hanging out with them (instead of any of the adults) at church functions. I don't feel nervous though, just curious with the whole process. More to follow...

3 comments:

melthedce said...

check my blog.

and if you can't sleep count your blessings instead of sheep... you'll fall asleep counting your blessings...

can you name that movie?

Chris said...

White Christmas!!!

melthedce said...

GOOD JOB!!! I watch that movie almost non stop during this time of the year.... I am not sure if that is touching or pathetic but whatever it is I don't mind... its a classic! :)