Friday, December 30, 2005

Back home, Back on the road

I survived the two week Christmas vacation to sunny Arizona, and have returned to the cold and possible snow today of Colorado. It's good to be home. I'm one of those crazies that would much rather be in a snowstorm at 3 below, then in a heatwave of 100 degrees. Now I'm leaving in an hour to head up to Highlands Camp ( http://www.highlandscamp.org/ ), a Presbyterian retreat center, for the annual High School New Years retreat my church does. So much for "Its good to be home and sleeping in my own bed."

Last night I had one of those moments that won't leave me for a long time. I had to pick up a good friend (and ex girlfriend) of mine at the airport. Normally her best friend would be doing this, but she had moved out of state 6 months ago, and was in the process of moving back. Anyway I managed to have her (I'll admit it wasn't me who thought up the idea) come with me to the airport and surprise my ex. I love watching surprise reunions; screams, tears, hugs, the whole nine yards. I have always said that relationships are the most important things you will ever have in this life, and it's fun to see how true that is sometimes.

Well I'm out, and for any steadfast readers out there, I hope you all have a terrific New Years. I'll chat with you all next year.........

No comments: