Monday, January 30, 2006

Like finding a needle in a haystack

"You would lose your head if it wasn't attached to your body." Ok, so who hasn't heard this all time great cliché? Sometimes I think that they were talking about me when this was first said. I have a habit of leaving things behind places. I'll go out to my car to drive someplace, and realize my keys are still inside. I'll start driving away from home, and realize I forgot something and have to turn around. I once left my day planner at a friend’s house for a month (and people wonder why I'm not organized). Yesterday (ok Saturday night), I had a fun adventure because of this tendency. I went out with some friends for pizza, and then we were going to go to their house for poker (yes, I won). I planned this out in advance and made absolute sure I had my insulin with me for this purpose. We get to Pizza Hut, which I may mention is 30 minutes from my house, and eat a fun meal. After we eat we are going to my friends who live another 15 minutes in the opposite direction from my house. I go to give myself a shot of insulin, and realize that I do indeed have the insulin, but I don't seem to have a needle to inject said medication. Needless to say, I didn't want to go all the way home (30 min) and then to my friends (45 min), so I decide to go to the pharmacy across the street. It's closed at 7:30 on Sat night. Try another one in town, yep it was closed. Ok, off to Walgreen’s, they are normally open 24/7. I found the one Walgreen’s in town that wasn't. So finally I get to the 4th pharmacy in town and find that it's open. I have determined that I now know the hours of every pharmacy in the northeast part of Fort Collins, all to save about 10 minutes by the time all was said and done. Ahhhh my life.
I now have a job. Ok, so it's not a real job, but I'm going to be doing doggy day care for about an hour a day twice a week for a friend. She has four Swiss Mountain Dogs and wants to have somebody play with them a couple times a week around lunch. I feel bad taking her money for something I would normally do for free for a friend, but hey, I can use it right now. You can check out her webpage at
www.gotswiss.net.
Still coughing......wondering how long this is going to last.

No comments: