Tuesday, January 31, 2006

No turning back

Well, I am past the point of no return. I have bulletins going in the church programs on Sunday at both services, and have put up 15 posters throughout the church advertising the new singles ministry. I'm scheduled to make an announcement in both services as well. I've set it up to have a "casting the vision" meeting on Monday Feb 13th. I was amazingly simple to get the meeting set up, but now I actually have to do some real planning. Fear is a great motivator. I think my biggest fear is that come the 13th, it's me sitting all alone in a room.

Friday is my meeting with the Presbytery Committee on Preparation for Ministry. I really don't know what to expect, but I've been told they will probably ask about things such as why I feel called and how do I hope to pay for school. I'm not afraid of the process, but I can't shake images of the Alito Supreme Court Hearings out of my head.

Well, I have some more work to do, but if you have a few minutes, keep me in your prayers for both these events.

2 comments:

palantyri said...

fear is your best motivator. always has been.

palantyri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.