Thursday, January 12, 2006

Progress

One of my favorite songs has the lyrics "2 a.m. and I'm still awake writing a song...." I may not be writing a song, but its 2 a.m. and I'm still awake writing. Isn't there a saying about life imitating art, or is it the other way around? Anyway....

So let's see, the last 48 hours. I have mailed one seminary application to Regent College. I am thirty years old, and that was the first time I have ever mailed anything out of the country. Let's hear it for baby steps huh. I have also finished the six page essay for my second seminary application, this one to Dubuque, and have had it proof read by my own personal editor. I make the corrections in the morning and that one will be on its way. Two of the 3 people writing recommendations for me have their referral sheets, and I meet with the last one tomorrow for lunch. I met with Jim the associate pastor (or sociopastor) of my church today to talk more about the singles ministry, and we will meet again Monday. Last, but certainly not least, I got word today that I am scheduled to appear before the Committee on Preparation for Ministry, February third, to hopefully be enrolled as an Inquirer. This news has me a little nervous. I was just looking at this as another hoop I needed to jump through, but they have me down for 45 minutes on the agenda. Yikes......

Well progress is progress, and while I still feel that I am way behind, it's good to know that I'm at least getting something done.

No comments: