Tuesday, January 10, 2006

When God closes a door, he opens a window

Maybe I like Clichés too much, but this seems to be the case today for me. Back in September I left the church I'm currently attending (Mtn. View Pres Ch) to find a place that would meet some of the needs I felt weren't being met in my life at Mountain View. I wanted to find a singles group that I could plug into, and there was nothing like that offered where I attend. I love Mtn. View, but it seems there are a lot of younger 30 something families, but nobody in my situation (single, no kids). Well I was all set to attend a church in Fort Collins with an active and large singles program, but things don't always happen the way we plan. When I lost my job and decided to apply for seminary, I decided that the best place for me was back at Mountain View. I'm now back to attending service there, and plugged into the youth program again, end of story right. Well today I was approached by the associate pastor of the church and asked how I would feel about starting up a singles program at the church. Apparently I'm not the only person who was feeling the same way. I don't know exactly how this is all going to shape out in the end, but I'm meeting with him later this week to discuss my first steps in getting this ministry started. I am really excited at the prospect of putting this together because it’s something I've wanted in my life, and I hope that it is something that can be kept alive after I leave. I'll keep you all updated on this new project of mine, but in the meantime keep me and this ministry in your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent!! Your new career begins. . . Love, Mom