Thursday, February 16, 2006

A drive in the snow

So, I've been running around with my digital camera in my car over the last few days. I've decided that a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'm branching out with my blog.

It snowed last night; the first real good snow of the year. I actually got up and shoveled mine and my neighbors walk this morning. I now know that I am really out of shape when my muscles were burning during the chore. It was fun though. I wanted to make a snowman in the front yard, but the snow wasn't wet enough to make it easy, and I had some other things to do.

This is one of my favorite drives in the world. It's the road that eventually will lead you into Rocky Mountain National Park. I love the narrows, the section you’re looking at. The road twists up the mountain with the walls of the Big Thompson rising straight up on either side of you. I have driven this canyon hundreds of times, and it never gets old. There are so many great sights and landmarks between Loveland and Estes Park, the town at the entrance to RMNP. I have always thought that it would be fun to create a photo journal of all these great places and tell the story of each business, historical landmark, and great view that you see as you make your way up the mountain.

I had an interesting phone call today, which could translate into an even more interesting day tomorrow. Because I don't know who reads this for sure, and I don't want to ruin any potential surprises for anybody, I'll let you know if anything happens later.....

No comments: