Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sunday morning haziness

I just have one question, whose idea was it to put Sunday morning and church service immediately following Saturday night, and fun time. One of these days I may make it to church with more then 5 hours of sleep, but I'm not sure when that will be. I did have a good time last night though. How I had a good time I don't know. All the trash talking I did before hand with my poker buddies blew up in my face as I was the first person to go out. It probably was a bad idea to go all in, when the person across the table exclaimed just a moment before that she should have bought a lottery ticket that night because she would have won.

After poker I was giving a friend of mine a ride back to her car, but we got into a discussion about our faith as she is trying to come to grips with hers. That of course turned into a trip to IHOP, as they are conveniently open most hours of the day. We talked and had a great conversation till about two in the morning. I've actually had a rash of conversations along those lines this week, as someone came to me asking why I've decided to go into ministry because they are having similar thoughts, and somebody else asking for advice on how to handle a problem they are having at the church. It means a lot to me that people trust me enough to talk openly to me, and share pieces of their lives with me. It gives me confidence in my direction, and truly makes me happy.

I also had a comment made about me this week that I'm taking as a compliment. It was remarked that I'm a fascinating study in opposites. I'm one of the most laid back, take life as it comes to me, very content people they know, yet they also see me sometimes as very driven toward what I want to accomplish. I'm also the goofiest person they know in the world at one moment, and at the next one of the most serious. I like the fact that I can have a great time and not worry about life, while still recognizing my goals and reaching for them.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I called Monday, to see if they had made a decision yet, and nobody has called me back yet, so I'm guessing it's a no, which is fine by me. At this point I may have turned the job down anyway. I did have an interview in Boulder yesterday though, so we are still doing well.