Friday, February 10, 2006

Watching kids

A lot of people think I'm a little messed up in the head. They wonder how a seemingly normal person would love to spend a weekend hanging out with a whole crowd of Jr. High kids, yet is scared stiff when it comes to dealing with children. Tonight the youth group did a service by babysitting the kids of the church while the parents had a night off. I've helped with these projects before, and every time, I’m reminded that I'm just not cut out for working with kids. At 6'3" and 210 pounds you would think that a preschooler wouldn't be a problem, but they intimidate me. I don't know how to understand what they are saying half the time, and don't know how to deal with them when they cry. What do you do for a little girl who cries’s and wants her daddy? I can control a room of Middle school kids no problem, when it comes to the crying preschooler, I give her to the Jr. High girl and let her work her magic.

Thank you everybody who has been praying for me, I think my job interview went well the other day. Now we cross our fingers that I get called back. Monday is my singles group, and all I can do now is show up prepared and hope that others show up as well. I've made my pitch and left some messages with some people, so we will see what happens. God normally finds a way for things to work out, so I'm putting my trust there.

1 comment:

palantyri said...

why not ask someone with kids?